There are a number of different ways to create a shortcut. Two of them are described below.
1) Right-click the desktop and go to New then Shortcut:
2) Type the address you wish to link to or browse to a program and click Next:
3) Give this shortcut a name and click Finish:
1) Using Windows Explorer locate the file you wish to shortcut to.
2) Right-click the file and go to Sent To then Desktop (create shortcut):
3) Go to the desktop. You should have an icon that points to this file. To give the icon a more memorable name, right-click on the icon and select Rename or go to Properties and select the General tab.
Back to Useful and Useless Programs
Back to Scientific and Educational Programs
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org