Ph.D. in Chemistry
1994 - 2012. F. A. Walker Research Group. Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona,
Scientist. Bioinorganic Chemistry of Hemes and Heme Proteins;
Porphyrin Synthesis, Site-Directed Mutagenesis, Electrochemistry, NMR and EPR
Spectroscopic characterization of heme proteins and model heme systems.
- 2D NMR study of electronic structure, geometric and dynamic properties of
paramagnetic proteins - Nitrophorins (1-4).
- Instruments: Bruker DRX500 and DRX600 and also Varian 300 and Inova 600
- 2D NMR techniques: WEFT NOESY, DQF COSY, WEFT ROESY, HMQC, HSQC
- Data processing: XWINNMR and Custom "Methyl Shift Patterns" program.
- EPR study of electronic and geometrical structure of ferriheme center
including axial ligands orientation of ferriheme center.
- Data were collected on Bruker ESP300E EPR spectrometer in EPR facility of
the University of Arizona.
- Spectroelectrochemical study of redox properties of hemeproteins.
- Electrochemical measurements were preformed using a BAS CV-500W
voltammetric analyzer and Spectral Instruments spectrophotometer.
- Investigation of binding ability of axial ligands in heme proteins by
means of optical difference spectrophotometry.
- Measurements were preformed on a Perkin-Elmer lambda-19 spectrophotometer.
Published over 30 scientific papers in peer review journals.
1986-1993. Laboratory of catalytic reactions of carbon oxides, Institute of
Catalysis, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- Research and development of oxide catalysts for oxidation reactions.
- Developed the production technology of iron-molybdenum oxide catalysts for
- Elaborated the synthesis of heteropolycompounds and studied of their
physical and chemical properties by means of IR, ESR and X-ray spectroscopes.
- Studied heteropolycompounds as catalysts for
hydrogenezation and oxidations reactions.
- Investigated the molybdenum contained catalysts for high-alcohol
- Investigated the nitric oxide decomposition reactions over oxide
- Patented Mo-oxide catalyst for methanol oxidation (USSR patent No 1028353).
Published over 20 scientific papers and patents.
- NMR and EPR study of Fe(III)porphyrins - the model systems of Hemeproteins.
- NMR and EPR study of Heme proteins:
- Heme center structure and dynamic behavior (including axial ligand
rotation, macrocycle inversion and ligand exchange).
- Effect of the heme center structure on protein physiological functions
(binding ability, redox potentials etc.).
- Heterogeneous catalysis: oxidation reactions, oxide catalysts preparation
Published over 50 scientific papers and patents.
1990 Visiting Scientist Institute of Kinetics and Catalysis Sofia,
1991 Visiting Scientist Indian Institute of Chemical Technology,
Ph.D. Institute of Catalysis, Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of
Thesis: "The influence of formation of
heteropolycompounds on catalytic properties of oxide molybdenum-contained
M. Sc. Novosibirsk State University, Department of Chemistry, Novosibirsk,
Thesis: "Investigation catalytic properties of Mn-oxide
catalysts in oxidation reactions".